Cancer coaching is a special coaching service for patients in the health care sector. This service is especially for people who have or are affected by cancer in some way. The coaching team usually consists of a few people with special qualifications. Others include regular healthcare professionals and cancer specialists.
Cancer Coaching is a program that focuses mainly on the patient. It is created with the focus being on the patient, what they are as a person, and what they hope to get out of the coaching sessions. Most coaches have a Cancer coach certification.
Cancer Coaching arms you with the vital information, and handy skills needed to fulfil your emotional, physical and even spiritual requirements. Cancer coaching can be tailored to your specific needs. It is available as a private consultation with a certified coach or as part of a group with other patients where you can hear people going through the same process as you are.
If you decide to go ahead with coaching sessions, it can help you to feel less isolated and might even improve our life and help you understand what and how to take control of your overall health. It could help you to make a fresh start and not repeat the mistakes of the past.
Cancer Coaching is accessible to anybody who is a victim to Cancer. This service is also available at any stage of the Cancer patient’s life; that is after diagnosis, during the treatment and once they are Cancer free. Cancer Coaching is also obtainable to any friend, family member or loved one of the people who have been diagnosed. Cancer not only affects the person diagnosed but also everyone related.
How to become a certified coach?
Wellness coaching is becoming popular these days. It is perfect for healthcare professionals like Doctors, Nurses, Nutritionists, Social Workers, Cancer coaches and other medical experts who wish to share their knowledge and experiences or offer counselling or therapy for people and their loved ones suffering from Cancer.
The course can be undertaken online through various educational institutions or on campus and has a combination of classes that include tutorials, lectures, case studies with regular tests and quizzes to check your knowledge and mark your progress throughout the course. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Connection between Cancer and stress
- Why traditional cancer support methods don’t always work?
- Previous Cancer patient stories
- Notional supplements to take in
- Methods on dealing with pain
- How to help patients to move on from their Cancer experience.
Some of the benefits of becoming a Certified Cancer Coach include:
- Increase your current client base if you are already working in the healthcare sector
- Improve the quality of your practice with the new and updated knowledge
- Learn useful and practical information that you can share with your patients to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Improve your earning potential.
- Help Cancer patients and survivors in a more direct way so they are not left feeling alone and have to deal with their condition on their own.
Becoming a Cancer Coach can be a rewarding experience both for the patient and for yourself so contact your nearest educational provider to discuss your study options now.